Call Us Today!
1. General Mah-Jongg (Game-Related) Questions
Having trouble with a Mah-Jongg-related issue? Pose your question to thousands of players across the world. Get an accurate answer, no matter how complex your question may be. If you have a question about an American Mah-Jongg related issue (our store, tournaments, etc.), use the email link in item 2.
You will be notified by email when answers to your question are available.
See what others are asking about Mah-Jongg:
- Why is there more than one league? (Kathy - Las Vegas,NV)
Answer: Why not? It's good to have some choices!
- On your Mah-Jongg cruise, how do you schedule playing time? (Wanna be a cruiser - Oakland, CA)
Answer: We only play on sea days (never at port) and we work around the activities on the ship. Some days we play only 4 hours in the morning and at least 1 day we play 3 hours in the morning, break for lunch (or whatever you're doing at the time!) from 12 to 3 and then back for 3 rounds. We have some mini-tourneys for those who want them and there are always pick up games by the pool.
- Just a comment -- no question. Love your new website! Finally, as a computer illiterate person, I can figure out how to order. Look for some nice orders from me and my other illiterate friends! Thank you, thank you! (Carol Klodson - Houston, TX)
Answer: Thanks! Let us know if you need anything!
- What's with the Mah-Jongg card I see on your website? Never knew there was a second card. (Martha F. - Scranton, NJ)
Answer: Yes, we have been producing this card since 1998. It was chosen as the most innovative card and selected to be included in the 2000 Shanghai Dynasty computer game. A few variations - we include MUST jokers in several hands and some hand spell out words. An Example: FF RR II EE NN DD SS.
- Are all of the people who attend tournaments expert players? (Arlene Berman - St. Paul, MN)
Answer: There are all degrees of players who attend. At one tournament of over 200 people, the first place winner had only been playing for 3 1/2 months. As you know a lot of winning depends on the tiles you pick. That's called luck - not skill.
- Can I call a joker when it is thrown?? (Fay Zile - Seattle, WA)
Answer: A big no!!! It is not a joker; it is the tile thrown by the person before. that is why people say SAME.
2. American Mah-Jongg Association Specific Questions
Questions about tournaments or product orders? Email AMJA directly!